eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I have found it. I have found the jewel of the joggers, the sparkler of the scampers, the treasured trophy of the trotters. I have found the best running trail in the state of Texas! It isn’t hidden somewhere. It’s marked with a big ole’ sign and title- “City Park.” (It’s not really called City Park. It has some cute name related to flowers, but I can’t remember what it was) Oh man, it is GREAT! Trees everywhere, natural hills, multiple routes, running water, wooden bridges, and it is all conveniently located about a-mile-and-a-half from home. I lough it darrrrling. There is nothing that makes me happier that a beautiful track o’ ground (well, in truth there are multiple things that make me happier, like forgiveness and love… but I’m going for a point here). There is even a center line on parts of it. That was my favorite place to run in Troy, right on top of the center stripe. There’s something motivationally beautiful about watching your shoes thump thump forward on the yellow center stripe. Aaaugh, I love it.

So, good run today. Patty Griffin sang the tunes and God painted love notes in the trees.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

aaaaahhh that sounds like the best place EVER! from talking to you on the phone and reading about it in your blog... this place sounds like the stuff of dreams! I really really really wanna go on it too ... i will come visit you soon hopefully and we will run together on the path of beauty...hehe... love ya girlie! .... happy first day of work!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger deepnblue said...

Awww, I just love the way you describe life!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home