eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm going to Elizabeth's baby shower today. I have watched her grow, well, have watched Anne Katherine grow :O), and it is still hard for me to believe that she and Jason are having a baby. If I believe what she's told me, she isn't scared at all. I would be out of my mind boogie-fied! They will be responsible for another human being in a little over a month! It seems like its really easy to mess kids up these days.

"I can't drink water without ice because my great aunt Gertrude went on a cruise and didn't bring me back a piece of an iceberg like she promised." That's not my story :O).... But you get the idea about how easy it is to mess up raising a baby.

The amazing thing, despite all the paranoia, is I know those two will be great parents. They're just so.... good! They were telling me about a parenting class they go to. Well, the newest rage in baby talk isn't crooning, but rather sign language!!! Yes, they teach sign language to babies before they can talk, and viola!!! they can communicate! Maybe viola didn't belong in that sentence, but it's fascinating huh? And they aren't just referencing Dr. Sign lanugage, but also the Bible and our Big Father....

They will raise one wonderful little girl. I'm excited to see how this all turns out :O) :O) :O)

1 Comments:

Blogger megamoo06 said...

The sign language thing is amazing. I've seen it work, and little bitty babies who can't form words yet can ask for a drink or to be picked up, or, well, a number of things. Tricky!

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home