eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oct. 30 (my first full day in T-town)

There is red dirt in my running shoes.

I knocked the iron-rich acidic soil of East Texas off my treads for the first time this morning; I guess that means I’m here.

I don’t know how long I’m going to live here, but my minimum Tyler residence will be 365 days. One year to do my thing. :O) One year to write articles that are meaningful. One year to love the people of E. TX. One year to laugh here. One year to create here. One year to grow, learn, enjoy, go all-out, BE!

I’m a little nervous about starting my job. It’s not that I don’t think I can do this (self-motivation...I CAN DO IT :o) ). But, it’s a lot of pressure. See, I have this diploma that says I can write. My bosses definitely took that into consideration when I was hired :O). So, to pull all the corners in, my performance reflects back to the university that gave me that diploma. WHAT? I know I'm going overboard on this connectivity of life theory, but MAN!

Phew. What I really need to do is just enjoy this. I like writing. These people are going to pay me to write. This is an ideal situation to be in right? :O) Right about the write? :O)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

You are going to do great!!!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home