eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Very interesting... I don't know if you can study yourself, but I noticed something about people -- um, by... watching myself (weird!).

So, I'm just going to put this out there... I didn't brush my teeth this morning. Oops. (I wanted to wait until AFTER coffee.) I realized this after I was already in the car.

"It's okay, Stephanie, just sit on the back row and you won't have to talk to (on :) ) anyone."

But, here's what happened:
-arrive at church
-sit in back
-completely forget about smell and move across seven empty chairs to sit next to this older woman who wore her sweater like a cape.

Yep, I had selective hearing with myself.

People are attracted, magnetically attracted, to other people. It's just the way we were made. (Follow me here) And we were made in Christ's image. So, if x=y, they y=x, the that means Jesus is attracted to people.

You didn't need a theory for that one.

Jesus was all about people. Which makes me think this, spurred on by a book I just read -- You know in the New Testament, when Christ just hung out with his disciples. There are lots of examples; have one in mind? Well, I bet Jesus really really happy during those times. Here were people whom, had they completely known who he was based on old testament reactions, would have been totally freaked out by God (three in one) sitting there with them belching around a fire. I mean, I bet the disciples didn't watch their words like they were at the preacher's house. They were totally real. They asked questions, ate food, talked about stuff, and... I bet even laughed when one of them tripped and ate dirt. You know?

So, here's God, hanging out with people whom he loves so much that He's willing to give it all. I just bet that was pretty awesome.

I guess that's all :) Just a reminder of how much we're loved.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

thanks for reminding me how much i am loved! I never forget, but sometimes I do.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home