eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Monday, March 12, 2007

This article is vewy interwesting.

Take a look (What's so funny? Well, Maybe Nothing.- New York Times)

On a side note, hi :)

I woke up this morning to the sound of thunder. Let me tell you, friends, there is nothing more soothing than the sound of thunder while wrapped in a blanket, 5 minutes before the alarm. Aaah, glorious.

I got up, opened the windows and wrote some letters on the on the front porch. I folded some laundry, cooked a little for the upcoming week (salmon and a new recipe for horseradish hamburgers), hung out and went browsing in Tyler's antique shops with my friend.

This afternoon, the workout room was all mine and I ran to the Rent soundtrack... and sang most of the songs. I feel a lot better after running. I can't live this week like I lived the last one. That's part of how I got in trouble emotionally.

On a brighter note, a few good things came from that crazy last week... in particular that crazy Saturday. That day, I had two car crashes that ended in fatalities, an attempted kidnapping, a double shooting, and a drowning. Well, I scooped the T.V. news with the kidnapping and a story I did earlier about a sheriff deputy and his wife getting busted for insurance fraud. I love beating T.V. to things. It's my favorite. Plus, the attempted kidnapping was the top T.V. news story today. The paper had it in Sunday's edition. Boo-ya :)

Can I boo-ya television news?

Another good thing that came Saturday evening was a visit from a dear friend from College Station. Oh how I miss Aggieland. I wrote my brother about that - how I miss college. But know if I went back today, or if I stayed and got a job there, it wouldn't be the same. College was so wonderful because of the people... not the MSC grass or muddy boots. It was because that's where we spent our lives together.

I do miss College Station as a dot on the map, though. I read a facebook group titled "You know you're from College Station when..." and it brought back so many good memories. No one else understands A&M but another Aggie. "From the outside looking in you can't understand it..." And I sure can't explain it. It was so much more than school, you know?

Once, my dad asked me if I wished my major was something else. My answer? Never. Never, ever would I want to change that decision. It was how I met you, Megan :). It was how I met Crystal and Edith. I learn so much about myself in your love :) It's true! It's true.

And, you know... I probably wouldn't have followed through with Estonia had it not been for Ralph's scholarship and convincing. Oh yeah, and Edith's nudging. Can you imagine? I wouldn't have met Tamara, Katherine or my sweet Robin. I don't even want to imagine my life without y'all in it.

Oh man... I heard a good analogy today. It was about how we don't know what's going to happen in our lives, but if we're with and following God, it will somehow end up for His glory. Well, anyway, the analogy went... (switch into story mode)...

This guy was on a date during an Aggie (*team name changed for relevancy*) football game. He was recording the game on a VHS back home, but got a spoiler text message that said the Ags had won.

Well, back at home and watching the game, he said the first three quarters were brutal. His team was losing, and to make it worse, the Ags fumbled with only seconds on the clock.

At that point, he said had he not known the ending, he would have been "kicking things and yelling"... but because he knew the Ags were going to win, he said he couldn't stop smiling at each failed play. He said he "couldn't wait to see how they would turn it around and win."

Well, I'm a screw up, no really. Still, there have been some pretty awesome things happen in my life. I don't know how... I'm not too good at life, so it wasn't at my hand. So, knowing the ending... I guess I'm a little excited to see how God is going to turn the game around.

You know? Did that make sense?

3 Comments:

Blogger robin said...

good words, friend.
i like remembering that we've got a happy ending waitin' around the bend. i dont do that enough.
waking up to rain is my favorite :)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

You're lovely!

9:39 AM  
Blogger tamara said...

i love my little screw up :)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home