eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Thursday, March 01, 2007

It's a difference in opinion, yet, I think I'm right. :)

We have a strain of flu going around the office. Okay, okay... it's not quite an epidemic yet, but there are two documented cases of the shakes, upchucks and feverish overall bad feeling. One of those two afore mentioned cases won't stay home from work. SHE'S KILLING ME! Literally.

I'll give fake names to the two so it isn't quite as confusing. Nina (the first worker to fall ill), Pinta (the second) and the Santa Maria (I'll give myself a code name just to keep the trio together.) Anyway, Pinta and another coworker were discussing how Nina should be at work because Pinta was giving it her all, therefore Nina should too.

Pinta woke up last night, from her own account, five times shaking and sweating. Yes. That's right. Dizziness soon followed.

Nina has been home three days all achy with a fever and constant vomiting.

Do I want either one of them at the office? No, Santa Maria says absolutely not.

Why is there still a stigma that if you go home sick, you're not a good worker. It's seriously viewed upon as lazy.

I strongly disagree and the data backs me up. You waste more of the company's money in lost productivity when you work sick and you put everyone else in the office at risk for the same thing. That puts worker's families at risk too. It's not worth it.

I understand stories have to be written and deadlines don't waver for even the sickest dog, but, have a heart... work from home.

Be a hero on your own time.

Thanks and gig'em

3 Comments:

Blogger megamoo06 said...

I'm such a hypocrite! I totally agree with you, but I came into the office when I had strep throat. Granted, I came in, got my work, and took it home. But I was there 'til noon.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

hahaha... i can be you hero santa maria...haha... when i was little i threw sticks in the river and grandaddy always said to name them... i named nost of them the santa maria...hehe

9:16 AM  
Blogger steph-a-ronie said...

HA! Kat... I love you

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home