eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Monday, March 05, 2007

I bought a fishing pole,

a handful of lures,

and a fishing license.

Then... I went fishing!

It was really nice, too. A work friend and I went for a walk in a park nearing the city limit sign, and, in addition to several playing fields and a walking trail, found a pond. Cool, huh?

That same day I went to Walmart and bought my new toys. Then, the next day, I used them.

It brought back a lot of really good memories that I can't place... maybe a better way to phrase that it is it brought back a lot of really good feelings that reminded me of the past.

It was just me, in an oversized t-shirt and shorts, ratty tennis shoes and dirty hair in a hat... windows rolled down and sun roof open... country music on the radio, with no schedule, just going to fish. A friend came too.

It was really nice. The only problem was that I had taken allergy medicine before and started getting really sleepy. I had gone to Home Depot's garden center earlier and guess got bombarded by pollen or mold, or... something.

When I got home I stretched out on the couch and could not keep my eyes open. You sleep really well when you're doped up on Benadryl. I had forgotten.

:)

Didn't catch anything; maybe next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin said...

that sounds lovely :)
nice description!

11:08 AM  
Blogger megamoo06 said...

OOOhhh. So jealous!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home