eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Today was one of those very bad, no good, awful days.

Okay, so it wasn’t that bad… I’ll start with the morning.

I woke up early (before my alarm!) so I was humming a happy tune. I got dressed, had extra time to dance in the living room to the radio, grabbed my directions to church and hit the road.

I hit the wrong road. Ya’ll know that I have a problem with directions. My hound dog senses are a little under developed. I WENT THE WRONG WAY. I got a little cocky… I thought I knew where the beginning road was, but I was 180 degrees off. Yep.

So, I missed that church time. I went back home after driving around for 30 minutes, did a Google search for another church close by and hit the road again. I found this one, but the sermon left me confused.

I went home exhausted from a swirling mind and the missed roads. I borrowed an electric drill the day before so I set to securing a drape bar to the wall. I couldn’t do it.

I decided to go visit family in Overton.

That’s the ticket. I’m going to go see family and count my blessings instead of being a grouch. Yep, yep… let’s go


I went… I went the wrong way. This time I was led astray by a Google map. When I turned around I was already frustrated, the battery on my cell was low and I did not know how to get to Overton.

Arrg.

I turned around by the railroad tracks and as I slowed to stop at the stop sign I heard a weird noise…plua plua, plua plua. I pulled over to see what was up…. Yep, I had a flat tire.

HOORAY!

AAARRRRGGGG!

I cried.

I hate crying.

I hate feeling inadequate. I hate knowing that I can’t do something. Let’s name them. (1) I can’t find my way to a new place. (2) I can’t change a flat tire (3) I can’t do this!

I called a friend in Jacksonville to come help me, he did. He pointed out that things happen. He’s right, and what’s even better than recognizing that life isn’t perfect is that we have people to help us. People can be good. Two men with those “zoom zoom” tools that get the bolts off tires and then put them back on came by and helped out. My friend left a race he was watching to help me. My aunt worried and loved me when I got to her house.

Everything turns out to be okay. Not really a shocker... even after a bad day, life is still good... still worth celebrating and living.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

aww :( BAD BAD DAY! I am so sorry that things went so badly wrong. I'm sorry that your heart was sad. Directions can be very challenging! When we get rich... we can both invest in gps systems that tell us when to turn and where and all that good stuff. I am going to name mine Charles... Charlie in normal conversation... ILOVEYOU!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger robin said...

my favorite part of this day is when you talk about dancing to the radio. that picture in my head makes me smile!
i like YOU :)

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home