eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Phew… looong one today.. actually, I can’t focus on this computer screen because I’ve been staring at one all day :o)…. A list will have to suffice for the days happenings because I’m done in.

*got up
*got on the metro with the crew
*WENT TO MY 1ST DAY OF WORK!!
*Met Michael (my intern “for the day” coordinator (the other coordinator will be back tomorrow), and the other Gonzalez team
*Spent approximately 8 hours answering phones (and messing up), sorting mail (and messing up), sorting faxes and e-mails (and messing up), greeting visitors (and looking dumb), and putting a stack of business cards 5 inches deep in a database. Does everyone feel like an idiot their first day of interning? I really hope it’s not just me!
*I work 9-6
*I rode the subway home by myself! I read the map and went home! How proud are you of me?

I talked to my Tam and Kat today… I miss them. I need to talk to Edith, Megan and Crystal (I promise…. I’m coming)

Random D.C. observation of the day…. The people on the subway looked a lot like herded cattle…. It’s bizarre. There were tons of them. They didn’t even look at each other. They just mindlessly followed the other person up the escalator without taking their eyes off their book or newspaper or even just the ground. Strangeness… they just followed the crowd. As my pawpaw says, “never for the sake of peace and quiet deny your own experience or convictions.” Not that I want one of them to start tap dancing up the stairs, but I guess it’s just a little push to not follow the crowd (you know I’m not talking about the subway now right? :o) ). I’m a little nervous working for a Dem’s office. We’re just… different. Really different and I like it that way.

1 Comments:

Blogger megamoo06 said...

I'm so proud of you! I don't know if I've ever said that, but now you know. Stick to your guns, and show those DEMS that NOT ALL REPS ARE DUMB REDNECKS. I know you've got the strength and right spirit!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home