eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I've been thinking more and more about graduate school. What should I do and if I do do, where do I go? Humph. I've been praying about it for so long, without any secure answers, that it almost feels like time hasn't passed... oh but it has, and the time has come for decisions. It's not like the Lord is silent... but sometimes my heavenly hearing aid isn't always turned on. There's this older lady that my family sits next to at church back home. She has the kind of hearing aid that has an ear piece and a external box that picks up sound and controls the volume via knobs. Now, I've never seen her do this, but I believe that once we're settled in from singing and welcoming one another, she turns her hearing aid down and takes a pew-inspired, drift off to dream land. Oh, I've seen her snoozing, but I've never actually seen her turn down the hearing aid...... but I have witnessed me turning down my own hearing aid. Yep, with every rationalization on what would be the smartest thing to do, every plan made and every minute lost worrying about this I lose a decibel. Not because the Lord quiets down, (nooooo... that would be better than what it really is) but rather I'm hollering so loud that I don't even know what I'm saying in my own debate! I can't deny that I do this now because I've pointed it out in myself.... so.... why can't I stop?

Time to cut the circumlocution and choose a word..... I choose trust.

*aha, you thought I forgot the word didn't you!
circumlocution the use of an unnecessarily large number of words to express an idea, evasion in speech
Ha! Take that!

1 Comments:

Blogger megamoo06 said...

Yup, I know all about that "pretending grad school isn't there" game. As a matter of fact, I may be the Champion.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home