eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Friday, August 19, 2005

I filled out my last time sheet for Ag Comm- Aug. 18 through Sept. 1. I started working here Feb. of 2004. It seems like a long time ago, but it really wasn't. I was pretty nervous when I came in for the interview... I wanted the job a lot. A lot a lot. I left the interview and a week passed, along with it the date that Edith said they would have a decision. Garrett (my friend and previous holder of the student worker position) kept telling me to go and ask Edith (the boss) if they had made a decision. Of course, I was too nervous to do that, so I just resigned to the fact that I was not going to get the job. A few hours later I got a call from Edith on my cell, but because I was still scared, didn't answer and she left a message with the good news. I don't think I've ever told her that :o). My first article was about goats, and man did I feel special when several papers picked it up! I printed out every single one of those babies and took them home to my family. I thought I was pretty cool (a condition I've previously been cured of :o) ). Well, one week from today, I will no longer be part of the Extension family... and I'm pretty down about that. I was asked yesterday when my last day was so that the office can fill out termination papers.... termination papers. Eeek. No es bueno. I've learned so much by working here.... more than this blog can take, and honestly more than I can take too... I don't like to be sad. But this job has really made a difference in my life. OKAY! Enough of that!

Megan, Crystal and I went to Houston yesterday for an off the cuff trip to the Cheesecake Factory… and… it was really really really good. Megan and I split a delicious dish called lemon herb chicken (although there's really no name to describe its taste... okay, I'll try.... nope no words), and even with it split, I brought home a normal sized portion as leftovers! Then.. here’s the really good part, we ordered cheesecake. Mmmmmmm. I had Godiva chocolate cheesecake and a FRESH brewed cup of decaf. Our waiter brewed it just for me. It was so amazingly, wonderfully, I’m floating above the table good. So, as you can tell, the trip was “okay.” I brought more than half of my piece in a handy dandy to-go box, so I’m going to be happy for a long time. I also brought home 2 extra pieces for Tam and Kat, and a whole cake for my family. I don’t want to say what the grand total was for that night, but lets just say, the Cheesecake Factory is for EXTRA special occasions, like celebrating friendship and the gift of tastebuds!

3 Comments:

Blogger megamoo06 said...

I am not ok with Mr. Mikegribbel3102 putting an ADVERTISEMENT on your blog!!!! I'm really NOT OK with that. Mr. Mikewhatever, you just get out of here and stay out!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

i think that you should leave too mike...getonoutahere. I loved the cheesecake soo much! I ate it very slowly. 3 different occasions. I like to call cheese cake cream cheese pie because to me... that is what it is. I love cream cheese pie and i love people that get them for me.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

stephanie thought you should leave too mike. yeah that's right... steph is the administrator. that means that she can delete your long boring comment. so go home to yo mama and cry.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home