eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Monday, August 29, 2005

Well, I’m here and … wow. The plane ride up was pretty good. On the first flight the plane was half empty and on the second, I was sat next to a Washington whiz. He is a tour guide for a local university so he pointed out all the monuments through the window. Hannah and Whitney came and met me at the airport; that was extremely nice of them. We caught a cab back to the apartment. I will never forget where I live because the entry way looks gilded! Gold mirrored and "sparkley." Hahaha! The apartment is HUGE! I’m talkin’ mucho grande big! There are three bedrooms and Hannah and I were lucky enough to get the master. We have a balcony overlooking… well, not much, but it’s still a balcony!!! We had a cookout for all the Texas (TU and Tech) interns down at the pool and that was nice. Then I went to the local pharmacy and somehow I spent $40 on 3 bags of things like shampoo, conditioner, Slim Fast, Advil and laundry detergent…. BUT, finally I’m here, sitting on my couch on a Monday morning. I don’t know what I’m going to do today, but hopefully I can get everything unpacked! I start work tomorrow!

......

Okay, now I know what I will do today because I already did it! Time flies by fast when you don't check the blog in the morning :o) hehehe.

This morning I ordered groceries on-line... yes on-line! They are going to be delivered to my apartment. Man, why don't they do this service in small town Texas... Stephen and I were always put on "bring the groceries from the car duty" when we were little... well, I guess not just when we were little because we still hear it :O)

After my web cuisine experience, a fellow intern and I caught the metro and went to the National Mall area. We went to the top of the Washington Monument, to the WWII memorial, to the Lincoln memorial and most excitingly, we found my office building! Yea! You know, from everything I've ever read about Lincoln (which I'll admit, isn't extensive) I don't take him for being a big fan of the "look at me" tactics. Quite modest he was! But, here comes the irony, he has a HUGE statue of himself right in the middle of the Washington hubbub. I'm talking HUGE, but I'm sure you all have seen memorial, so I won't talk anymore about it. However, here's a small size survey.... would you welcome a big giant statue of yourself or shun it? Just wondering because most of the people I know don't even want their picture taken, let alone have their body carved into rock!

Later on tonight we’re having a roommate dinner. I’m somewhat nervous about that happening.

P.S.- I miss you Reed McDonald and house amigas!
P.S. no 2- Megan.. word of the day application... niiiicccceeee

8 Comments:

Blogger megamoo06 said...

That's what happens when you let your bossy friends tell you what to pack, (and what not to pack!) you end up buying what you had to leave. I'm so glad your flight was good and you're BLOGGING AGAIN!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Sami said...

An enormous statue of MOI? That would rock. I think there's only one dog I can recall seeing rendered in statue form in DC. Can you guess who it is?

3:27 PM  
Blogger goodhealth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

hey sugar moma,
I am so glad that you are having such a grand experience. sounds like you are a busy little bee. I would love to have my body carved into a huge rock. Lincoln's statue is a little small for me though... i think that i would rather have one at Mt. Rushmore...hehe jk. From what i have read about lincoln, i agree with you, i dont think that he was the type of guy that would have liked a huge statue of himself made. I have asked myself that question too when i see huge posters of models on buildings in the big cities.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

i think that they found you... run for your life... you are being attacked by the advertisers!!!!!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

i met your mom yesterday!!! she is so nice! She left us cake and flowers after janell's party. I just cut them and put more water in the vase.

4:08 PM  
Blogger tamara said...

wow, have you read all of the comments left by random people? how did they get your blog name? the one about female infertility cracked me up the most! anyway, im so sad I didnt get to talk to you tonight. we kept missing each other. im glad you are safe and sound in your "mucho grande" piso! so you ended up getting the master bedroom! hehe i want to talk to you in real life. It isnt as expensive, and i think i have nationwide min, so tell me when you have breaks, and I will call you. my room still is a disaster area! goodnightiloveyousweetdreamsdontletthebedbugsbite!

10:13 PM  
Blogger tamara said...

so when i said it isnt as expensive, i was thinking about spain, and me calling the states from there, sorry, my mind is a little tired from the first day back to school. btw, the freshmen look so young!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home