eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Has the Lord ever offered you an illustration of just how big He is? A visual that you know was made just for you… by that I mean, it fit your brain cells, nerve endings, optical senses…A visual that hit the nail right on the head, and left no questions remaining because it truly was made “special order” just for you. Oh, was I blessed with one of those this weekend as I left for Wisconsin.

The first plane trip to Chicago was wonderful. The airplane was almost half empty. Not only did I not have a seat partner, but there was also no one sitting behind me so I could lean my seat back without guilt that I was causing someone to be uncomfortable. None of this is important, except it was the way the Lord set it up. I was completely comfortable.

I lounged, enjoying the space and full possession of the window. Preparing for the landing, the solid blue sheet that was once my window view started transforming… and for the first time, I watched. I have been on a plane many times before, but normally by the end of the flight, I’m feeling a little green. It’s not fright, but rather the up/down/up/down motion that the captain has to follow to make the perfect landing. But, since I was able to sleep and stretch out, the greenness was kept at bay!

So, as I sat there and watched as Chicago turned from blue to green… I started making observations. I don’t know why, maybe it’s the journalist in me, but I pulled out my steno pad and wrote a few things down.

“Substantial forest transformed to broccoli patch.” Okay, maybe this needs a little explanation :). There was this rather large patch of trees… so large that from the air, it just looked like grassland. But, as I got closer the trees lost their massiveness and looked like a broccoli patch that had been over seeded. Their miniature size made me feel that if my widow would’ve opened, I could have stuck my hand out and popped the vegetable right off their stems.

“Massive bus fleet looks like 2nd grader’s thrust aside pencil bag.” I have no idea how many busses were parked at this bus barn, but it was a lot. Walking through those busses on the ground would’ve been scary and confusing since their size would prevent me from seeing the exit. However, from the sky those colossal vehicles looked like scattered standard number 2 pencils. You know what I’m talking about… the yellow ones that we had to use for the TAAS test?

“Houses with hinge roofs.” Neighborhoods looked like a dollhouse block. My dollhouse had a hinge roof and a missing back so I could position Barbie where I wanted. If I opened the tops, I could see what was going on inside all the homes in Chicago.

I know what you’re thinking… what I saw was standard/cookie cutter for any flight. But you’re wrong! This was something special. Verses kept coming, pairing themselves with what I was seeing.

For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from you.
Search me Oh God and know my heart. Try me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.
With my God I can scale mountains.
Know that the Lord is God.
He is not far from each one of us
I will sing of the Lord’s love forever
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.
Can anyone hide in secret places so that the Lord cannot see him?

And then there’s the not so scriptural spiritual popups :) “My God is so BIG so STRONG and so MIGHTY there’s nothing that my God can’t do. The mountains are His. The valleys are His. The stars are His handiwork too. My God is so big, so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God cannot do.”

Mmm, m m m mmmm, m m m m mmmm, (humming of the song :) )

1 Comments:

Blogger megamoo06 said...

You know, it's times like those that I have the hardest time understanding atheists. When you see the awesome world God created, and see how much of the world was created for our pleasure, how can you not believe in Him?

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home