eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Monday, November 13, 2006



Lévy-Dhurmer, Vent d'Automme - Portrait de Mlle Suzanne S.
[Autumn Wind - Portrait of Ms Suzanne S.]

It is perfect. I love this painting!

A few weeks ago I went to this folk-music festival where 10 or so musicians preformed their own music. This one lady, whose name I can't remember, played this song about how she wished her heart could speak in dance like the Irish, paint like the artisans or write like the poets. Do you know what I mean by heart speak? She wished she could express her life and feelings in these other ways. The chorus rounded our her wishes with, "I guess I'll just sing." I LOVED it... she figured out the way she communicates when words just won't do. She sang!

You know, it got me thinking that I don't know how I release. I like to do everything. There are times that I really do just have to dance. Equally, there are times when words are the safest and most true to form way to express. And then, I have a MASSIVE basket of paint, paper and the goodies of physical creation.

Eeeeeehhhh, oh well :O). What are the purposes of these musings anyway? Why do we even care about writing and sharing and stuff like that? Ah ha :O) I'll tell you later :O) :O)

3 Comments:

Blogger robin said...

i like it. i know the feeling.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

oh i like it too. I love that painting.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

i also like the one about the boy with the "p" running down his leg

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home