eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Sunday, October 30, 2005

I'm learning that the old adage is true- you don't want to watch the making of sausage or politics if you ever want to enjoy either again. I'm learning that the people that I once held high as political benchmarks, now fall to the lower end... because they're human. But that is what's so amazing about our political system, the American democracy, is that it's not perfect. It's an imperfect system made for imperfect governors to rule an imperfect country, and I think it works rather well. Think about it- Bills go through so many ringers before they're passed. They're picked apart by the introducing member, subcommittee, committee, in the House, Senate, our President, and I've left out boocoos of steps! Just like 3 year olds, our law makers have to be watched and checked up on to make sure these ideas that they want enforced, really are best for the people. These members are like little kids sometimes; they'll give birthday cake to their friends and stick their tongues out at the others. They're imperfect people, but when governed by other imperfect people who want other things... hey, look'e there! We're balanced again! My favorite "keep you honest," group is the press. Yes! Who broke the news of the recent leaks? They give the American people a useful, useable, used version of what's happening in D.C., so that we can keep them accountable too. Yes, they need to be held in check too. There are some crazies, but ultimately, the people are the ones in charge here. Have address, will vote in district. We hold the vote!

So, random observation aside- had a good weekend. Went to Winchester, VA and the Shenandoah Valley to see the leaves and pick apples. Mmmm. I'm going to break out the apple recipes that I've never gotten to make before and get flour everywhere! Well yea!


New pictures

4 Comments:

Blogger tamara said...

aww steph, your post made me happy and proud that you are one of my best friends...stuff like this is why we're friends!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

I'm only friends with you because you send me earings

7:40 AM  
Blogger megamoo06 said...

I'm only friends with you because we share a love for politics, (even when we see the gross side, like sausage ingredients.) And, because you send me YUMMY REPUBLICAN ELEPHANT AND DEMOCRAT DONKEY COOKIES!!!!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

not really not really... im friends with you for oh so much more...you also sent me a card....heheh... kidding again...i bet i had ya on that one... I love ya oodles!... toodles...hehe

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home