eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rodgers
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;Brown paper packages tied up with strings;These are a few of my favorite things.Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;These are a few of my favorite things.Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;Silver-white winters that melt into springs;These are a few of my favorite things.When the dog bites,When the bee stings,When I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things,And then I don't feel so bad.

A few of my favorite things:
The smell of a crushed succulent leaf
Chocolate pudding
Greeting cards
Proper grammar (well, when it’s necessary :) )
Photography
Knowing people are happy
Bath robes
Colorful socks
Blueberries
Little Anne’s wagging tail
The smell of dryer sheets
The lake
Having a girls night where all we do is… nothing
Crafts
Yoga
Fresh tomatoes
Smiles
Chapstick
Handouts and packets
Feeling strong
Old trees
Children
Rain
Fresh flowers
Checking off to-do list boxes

1 Comments:

Blogger steph-a-ronie said...

yeah yeah! add those too.... especially the smell of a pig before it goes into a show ring. That's a good one.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home