eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

HOWDY from Wisconsin, home of cheese, dairy farms, perfect weather and polkaing agricultural communicators! So, I didn’t win- just wanted to get that out there first…. Well, that’s not true, I did not win the contest that I was in, but I did win the experience, which I got a TON out of. Speaking of ton, I’m going to weigh a few after this week. Man oh man, do these LPC folks know how to eat. I just consumed pure sin in the form of chocolate. I’m talking, the baker must have made a deal with the devil because there’s no way that something this evil could come from any “angel food making chef.” Um, yeah, I’m still relishing the experience!

Today was really long! Went to a few sessions, which were good; I learned a lot. The governor stopped by; that was neat. Then had we had our awards ceremony.

I’ve discovered something… something that I’ve wanted to talk about for a while. I do not like politics. Make sure you read that right. I like policy and political happenings, but not politics… or, as they call it here, “networking.” As I stood in the middle of hobnobbing and complete game playing, I just stopped and looked around. No one cared about who they were talking to. They were in it for number one. It hurt my heart. That brings up a good question, why did it bother me so much? I used to love “shaking hands and kissing babies.” What changed? I used to think that because I cared, so did other people. Unfortunately, that’s not true. I don’t want to look back at my life and determine success by how many business cards are in my book. I don’t want my goals to be written on my resume, I want it to be written on my heart. At the same time, I know that contacts are important and we need to use each other’s talents. I’m cool with that… but just as long as I can care about what I do and the other people that do it too :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

oh gal... i am so proud of my little steph. all grown up and winning stuff. I am glad that you are enjoying the wis food. i just found out that court is moving out and we have to have all of our stuff out by the 14th ... ahhhh. my mom emailed it to me. will you please call her and talk to her about stuff. i think that my fam will have to move the rest of our stuff out without us cuz we dont get back toll the 17. a little panic is going on. ok well thank so much. here is my home home pone number 325 938 5567. thanks again sooo much. oh... we talked to some scotish people today that were in a mock sord/highlander fight. they were pretty cool. they showed us how to put a kilt on. welp talk to you soon gal... byebye love.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home