eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

CHOCOLATE

http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100108470
ATTENTION ATTENTION!!! NEWS WORTH KNOWING ABOVE!

Okay, so maybe it's not the all to end all, but I'm proclaiming it from the street corners! Friends, neighbors, colleagues, random person beside me at the red light.... CHOCOLATE IS GOOD FOR YOU! Can you believe it? Doctors actually said that when 3.5 ounces of dark chocolate were consumed daily, blood pressure went down. It also benefits insulin!

"Dark chocolate can be included as part of a healthful diet in patients who have hypertension," said Jeffrey B. Blumberg, a professor of nutrition and a senior scientist at the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University. AAAAAHHHHH part of a healthful diet! Yessssssssss

Don't bombard the vending machines yet because these healthful benefits only come from dark chocolate and its (mmmmmm) high flavonoid count.

This announcement has truly changed my life :). Before, chocolate was a hidden part of my personality. It was a secret. I brushed my teeth after enjoying, shredded the wrapper and always concealed my true almost psychotic adoration for chocolate. My life had two sides. There was my public "non-chocoholic" life, and my private "chocolate bars hidden in the shoe box life." Now, they combine- Ladies and gentlemen, I say with pride: I am a chocoholic! (just incase you’re not picking it up, I’m being a bit facetious…. But just a bit :) )

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

haha sweet!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home