eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Since I started at the paper, I've noticed my anxiety level has gone up.

Before, once I completed a task, I wrote it off. One down, un-numbered to go, I say. Now though, I could be in the most peaceful spot, contemplating none of the world's worries, then... BAM! I have a minor freak out. Did I double check that name in an my article about Mr. Snowofsdlksjie? Did I match the right person to the right quote?

CRUD! Did I?

I know in my heart that I did, that everything is okay (It had better be, I check everything so many times the computer screen starts showing wear marks around certain lines)... but there's still that deep socketed, gnawing worry... the worry that's keeping me up tonight.

I covered our company Christmas party today (lame, I know) but that was my assignment, so I just did it. I am so scared that I messed up one of my bosses names or titles or quotes... I know that I didn't... but I could be fired for that.

Oh and P.S.- I do not like my upstairs, "I wear concrete on my feet, come home at 2 a.m. and clunk around" neighbor. When it's early in the morning like that I really... really want to go upstairs and tell him to cool it mister. Maybe someday :O)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home