eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Want to know a secret?
I LOVE editing! I'm not saying I'm good at it, and my grades prove the word prodigy will never be mentioned :o), but I have to say... it is something I want more practice at. Thanks to JOUR 304, I am going to get plenty of batting practices in. SWING!
I have always loved being edited, a fact that weighs heavily on the superior-ness of my past editors. There was something almost magical about taking a few pages of words that you didn't want to claim and handing them over to another person to ... wait... wait... wait, and just like Snow White after her smooch with Prince Charming... the article becomes alive! My words are still there, but they've been shined. I think that's the true sign of a good editor, that they don't try to rewrite. That's something I struggle with in our assignments, along with adding boo coos of commas (Hey, they're breath marks for the reader! There's nothing wrong with wanting my reader to be well...ummm... ventilated.)


So,,,, I’ll,,,,work,,, on,,,, it…….

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

wanna know a secret from me....i let luke pee in your cereal

10:13 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

....and you ARE good at editing

10:13 PM  
Blogger megamoo06 said...

I'll make sure to watch my p's and q's.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home