eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Man, have you ever noticed how quickly joy can dissipate? Really. It seems like you let down your guard just for a week, and suddenly you're at the bottom of the pile, literally and figuratively. I have the bad habit of taking on too much. I think I can do everything. I guess that's a good attribute to have if you want to get things accomplished, but it's not good when you're already overdrawn. I want to do a lot. I want to help people who need help. For me the battle doesn't lie in the desire to complete tasks, but is fought between the tedious relationship of time and the ever growing to-do list. I'm a happy person, and I like being happy. So when I see myself letting go of joy in the name of getting things done, I have to stop. I can't let school, work and meaningless tasks steal my joy! I promise friends, this is not a gripe session. It's actually written in encouragement. Ha! I bet you're wondering when that encouragement is going to pop in. Right now: POP!

"So just call on me brother when you need a hand, cause we all need somebody to lean on!" Hehe :O) Offer your arm to someone who's struggling to stand up straight. Show understanding for a busy schedule and buried friend, and maybe, if you can, offer to help! At the same time, don't pardon a pal's mistake of letting the world take over their life. Brag on your friends in front of them. Let them know they're loved. Pat their back and help them dig out, but remind them that "this" is not the most important thing! When we give our time away to random tasks there isn’t any left to give to passion. When time is gone, we can’t spend it doing what we’ve been called by the Lord to do. Sometimes just noticing a struggle can help it become conquered. I have to brag on my wonderful roommate. Honestly, she has a superhero strength sense to see when someone needs a boost. She's the trigger of this ramble :o).

I’m not completely out, but slowly and surely I’m scratching things off the list. So if you’re smooshed between a rock and a hard place, take care my friend, and for goodness sake, holler so at least we can laugh about it later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Stephanie!! That writing was a wonderful expression. You are so talented! I am so glad that I am able to call you a friend. You are one for the history books. (meaning that you are so good at being one that you stand out...not that our friendship is through, history, sorry Charlie it's over) "brother to brother (sister to sister) we need to learn to love each other. So lean on me when you're in trouble. I cast my case to Christ cuz He cares for me, when you need a shoulder to cry on...ya just lean." Love ya sista!

8:57 AM  
Blogger megamoo06 said...

Chickadee, I just want you to know that you brighten my day. Even on your not-so-joyful days you still share the Son with others. And that I why we all love you.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home