eudaemonic- (adj.) producing happiness and well-being

Monday, May 30, 2005

This weekend I went home to Troy, TX- a great place to be from :O). The weekend was fantastic. Normally my family is always on the go... fixing fences, working cattle, and no matter how long they work, the to-do list never ends! However, this weekend my family did nothing. Yes! NOTHING! It was fantastic! I spent my mornings reading on the front porch with a cup coffee and a purring cat in my lap. We had great weather.. I mean it rained and stormed everyday, but sometimes that makes for the best lounging weather, you know? The sound of rain on the roof and watching it drip drop from the trees have to be two of my favorite things! We really really needed the rain in Troy too. The cows were running out of grass and the region was looking a little brown. In that sense the rain made everyone thankful, a good disposition to find yourself in! This weekend I got to hang out with my mom, dad and brother! That never happens! I had a really good time and feel very blessed to have such a great family.
As most of you know, the drive from College Station is a pretty countrified one :O). There's not much to look at except for cows, pasture land, and the occasional slow moving tractor or truck traveling a few miles down the road. Today, I found myself behind one of these very modes of transportation. Normally I get a little frustrated and want to speed past them, but today, I tried to exercise a little patience. Upon slowing down to a breathtaking speed of 40 (in a 70 I may add :O) ) I noticed a few things-One, the beautiful flowers decorating the roadside. And, like the mind does, one topic jumps to another, and that thought morphs to a different one. Well, the flowers reminded me of the Bible verse about not worrying... the one that suggests taking a look at a field sometime when you're worried about things. I couldn't remember it exactly, but when I got home, but I knew where I could find it... Matthew 6 :O). Minus a bit... "If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"
'BAMB right smack in the kisser' it hit me! Then, of course, you can't miss the cattle verse (which could or couldn't be in my top 20 favorite verses :O) ) I didn't have to look this one up! "For every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills." Psalm 50:10. How quickly do I forget who really owns it all. I may take credit.. but it's definitely not due me!
Abrupt ending… The End :O) (hahahaha)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

that was a great description and some good insight. Thanks for that. I'll see you soon.!.!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home